SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
The zz fountain is still partially clogged. The debris that flows in from the canal
clogs up the intake and the unit will remain off for the next few days. The other
four units are working fine.
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
lake and makes it harder for the nutria to live there.
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Be careful when applying lawn fertilizers, that they are not easily washed into the
lake. City and University lakes are a prime example of algae bloom due to excessive
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
Thank You to the neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking good..
GOALS FOR 2020
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hays & Cazes
3. Sample lake water two times (July and Oct.). Cazes. (Delayed due to LSU test lab)
4. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
5. Continue contracting for lake cleaning. Cazes. On-going.
6. Check into lake finger cleaning options.