SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
All of the fountains are working except the one adjacent to the Retirement Center,
which has been turned off. It will remain off until the work to replace the bulkhead
fence with a new one is completed. This should take a few additional weeks.
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
A special note of Thanks to the property owners and or their lawn crews for attempts
to bag or blow clippings and now leaves away from the storm drains which flow into
The water depths continue to show improvements and the test will go into next year.
GOALS FOR 2018
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hays & Cazes
3. Sample lake water two times (July and Oct.). Cazes. (Delayed due to LSU test lab)
4. Evaluate effectiveness of the pilot aerator. Cazes & Hayes. On-going.
5. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
6. Continue contracting for lake cleaning. Cazes. On-going.
7. Check into lake finger cleaning options.