SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
Fountain #4 next to the Retirement Village has had a new motor installed. All five
of our fountains are currentlyworking properly. The lake is down almost a foot due
to the rain free past month, but showers are anticipated later this week.
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
lake and makes it harder for the nutria to live there. We now have an additional,
more competitive contractor for bulkheads if you are thinking of replacing yours.
Please contact me at 225-229-5971.
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
Thank You to our neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking beautiful!
GOALS FOR 2022
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hayes & Cazes
3. Find a person to clean floating debris from the lake.
4. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
5. Craft and install several wood duck nesting boxes around the lake. (Replacement
of previous locations). Cazes & Hayes