SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
All five of our fountains are currently working. The lights on the one located next
to the retirement center have been replaced under warranty. The unit closest to the
club needs new lights. Both of these fountains should have the lights on in the next
Early spring is a time weed and feed is applied to many resident lawns. Please read
and carefully follow label directions. Many products are very toxic to fish. Products
that are washed into the lake or storm drains can lead to deadly algae blooms and
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
Thank You to the neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking good..
GOALS FOR 2019
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hays & Cazes
3. Sample lake water two times (July and Oct.). Cazes. (Delayed due to LSU test lab)
4. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
5. Continue contracting for lake cleaning. Cazes. On-going.
6. Check into lake finger cleaning options.