SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
We have a fountain near the center of the lake that is not functioning. We will be
replacing that unit with a new one.
Bulkhead weeds were scheduled to be sprayed this week, however rainfall has suspended
this task. Property owners should make every effort to maintain weeds along their
lake frontage. We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly
working structure not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from
eroding into the lake. We have been blessed with some substantial rainfall, however
it brings in trash from the streets and grass clippings that are blown into the drains.
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
A Tremendous Thank You to the neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking
GOALS FOR 2018
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hays & Cazes
3. Sample lake water two times (July and Oct.). Cazes. (Delayed due to LSU test lab)
4. Evaluate effectiveness of the pilot aerator. Cazes & Hayes. On-going.
5. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
6. Continue contracting for lake cleaning. Cazes. On-going.
7. Check into lake finger cleaning options.