SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
We still have a few lots with hurricane debris that needs to be removed from the
The new warranty replacement lights on fountain #1 (closest to the club) have been
Fountain #3 had a bad GF breaker and it was replaced but the motor is drawing excessive
amperage and was taken to the shop for assessment. We will need to replace this unit.
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
lake and makes it harder for the nutria to live there.
We are planning to use Weed Out to do some lake maintenance on November 10th.
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Be careful when applying lawn fertilizers, that they are not easily washed into the
lake. City and University lakes are a prime example of algae bloom due to excessive
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
Thank You to our neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking beautiful!
GOALS FOR 2021
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hays & Cazes
3. Find a person to clean floating debris from the lake.
4. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
5. Continue contracting for lake cleaning. Cazes. On-going.