SHERWOOD LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE MAINTENANCE REPORT
All 5 of our fountains are working properly.
We encourage bulkhead replacement or repair if needed. A properly working structure
not only adds value to your property, but it keeps your yard from eroding into the
lake and makes it harder for the nutria to live there. We now have an additional,
more competitive contractor for bulkheads if you are thinking of replacing yours.
Please contact me at 225-229-5971.
Please inform your lawn crews that any trash blown into the storm drains goes directly
into the lake with the first heavy rainfall!!
Be careful when applying lawn fertilizers, that they are not easily washed into the
lake. City and University lakes are a prime example of algae bloom due to excessive
fertilizer. This year we seem to have been spared a bad algae bloom again. Thanks
Please continue to clean up any trash that may be floating by your property.
Thank You to our neighbors who lend a hand at keeping our lake looking beautiful!
GOALS FOR 2022
1. Encourage Christmas decorations along the bulkheads and streets. Cazes
2. Reduce nuisance animal populations. (Ducks, beaver, and nutria). Hayes & Cazes
3. Find a person to clean floating debris from the lake.
4. Continue efforts to encourage residents to repair and/or install bulkheads. Cazes,
5. Craft and install several wood duck nesting boxes around the lake. (Replacement
of previous locations). Cazes & Hayes